9 Oct 2014

DIY: HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN EXFOLIATING SCRUB




Hello Beautiful people!

I am still working on putting a tag on my regular features on the blog, but until that is completed..hey, its a DIY post! Everyone including me loves a DIY post and the fact that its a homemade recipe makes it interesting all the more! Now let's get straight into the post. How to make your own home made exfoliating scrub!

I will start with explaining what exfoliation is and its benefits.


What is Exfoliation:
Exfoliation is the removal of dead skin cells on the surface of the skin.

What are the Benefits of Exfoliating the skin:
Exfoliating the skin has great benefits and the obvious one i appreciate is the soft feel i get after exfoliating and the way I can literally feel my pores are open enough to breathe...its funny but true.

Other benefits;
  • It refreshes the skin making it soft and radiant 
  • Regular exfoliation unclogs the pores thus controlling acne and blackheads
  • Dead cells removal helps even skin tone over time
  • Exfoliation speeds up the skin renewal process
  • Routine exfoliation reduces the appearance of wrinkles and produces a more younger and healthy looking skin.

If you are reading this post and have oily and sensitive skin like me, then you must have learnt the hard way how to read product labels before purchasing any skin care product. I am constantly checking for the drug information of any skin care product I intend to use especially facial products. I react to the tiniest and oddest of things, even cotton wool!

I learnt to make my own scrub after I reacted to a popular exfoliating scrub for reasons unknown to me.  I appreciate making my own exfoliating scrub because I feel safer knowing they are simple household recipe that can't harm me.

RECIPE:
                                     

OLIVE OIL



GRANULATED SUGAR
1 heaped tablepoon of granulated sugar/ salt (I prefer sugar because salt is a bit more abrasive on my skin)
2 tablespoonful of olive oil
Step 1:







Pour the sugar into a clean container with a good cover that you can store it.
Step 2:







Pour the olive oil on the sugar and let the sugar soak the oil up. Make sure the oil covers the sugar as the oil provides a gliding surface that makes exfoliation less painful and moisturise the skin as well.

Step 3:





Viola! Your exfoliating scrub is ready for use!

This can be used three times a week to exfoliate dead cells. If you have a recent bout of acne breakout then I would advise you avoid using an exfoliating scrub as this can further irritate the skin rather than restore it.


Do you know any other homemade recipe for preparing an exfoliating scrub? Please share!

I hope you found this post helpful.

Have a blessed day ahead.

Stay Beautiful,

Junie

No comments:

Post a Comment