7 Oct 2014

FOUNDATION PRINCIPLE: HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT FOUNDATION SHADE


Hey Beautiful people! Welcome to my blog.

I will be starting with a topic that people don’t like to talk about because it is dicey. It’s the foundation principle. Just like it implies, a good foundation is the basis of a flawless makeup finish. When properly applied, this enhances your natural beauty and rather than mask it.




There are various types of foundation blunders and the most being the case of choosing a shade lighter than your skin tone. This is common because women tend to think that they are lighter than they actually are and most shop assistants do not know how to test for the right shade.



FOUNDATION GONE WRONG
.



















Except you are going for an Avant-garde photoshoot, no one should step out like these ladies, I mean no one!


I once went in for a quick fix makeover and the client asked me why I chose a foundation that was her skin colour, according to her, a makeup artist told her to always use a lighter shade of foundation to make her face look ‘brighter’. I was stunned! She wasn’t talking about Contouring and Highlighting, so you should understand my shock.

TEST FOR FOUNDATION




This is a popular way shop assistants test for your shade of foundation, but it is wrong. The face is constantly exposed to elements of weather than any other part of the body, so the hand is a wrong place to test for the right shade of foundation.



The side of your cheek right part of the face to test for your shade of foundation. This can be done with the index finger or a makeup sponge.This part of the face gives the true shade of a person’s skin. 

The right shade of foundation when applied on the side of the cheek, blends perfectly into the skin.



You would notice that the color on my face blends well with my neck. 





There are no harsh lines, it’s perfectly blended.This gives off a more natural looking flawless finish!



Final Look!




I hope you found this post helpful!

Stay Beautiful,
Junie


No comments:

Post a Comment